1. I'm 1st generation Canadian (my Mom is from Myanmar (Burma), my Dad is from Germany).
2. I live in Melbourne, Australia.
3. I'm a Taurus. And an extremely stubborn one at that.
4. I decided I wanted to draw comic books for a living after I read my first issue of X-Men when I was around 10 years old. I still kind of want to draw comic books for a living.
5. My favourite novel is 'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman. I've read it so many times I've had to re-tape the front and back cover onto the spine of the book multiple times...I suppose I could just buy a new copy but I'm attached to this particular one for sentimental reasons and the thought of replacing it just seems wrong. Sidebar, I recently found out that they're about to adapt the novel into a television series and my brain almost exploded with happiness!!!
6. My favourite shows are: Doctor Who, Supernatural, 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Mighty Boosh & Top Gear. I can (and do!) quote from them at length. Like a waitress Lemon...
7. My favourite movies are: Jurassic Park, Jaws, Shaun of the Dead, Happy Gilmore, Zoolander & Hot Tub Time Machine.
8. I've been told I have rubbish taste in Movies & Television by many, many people. It really doesn't bother me.
9. To contradict the above, I'm overly sensitive and I worry. A lot. About everything.
10. I like to sneak little 'easter eggs' into my artwork to further my nerd-propaganda. Point in case:
11. I was a graphic designer for 10+ years before I quit all that, had kids & decided to focus on a career as a freelance designer / illustrator.
12. That decision was the best one I've ever made, in my life.
13. I have a terrible, TERRIBLE potty mouth - although not around the kids...most of the time... ;)